Europe May 20, 2026

UMVA Uncovers: 1,000 Victims of Horrific Black Cab Nightmare? Carrie Johnson's Bombshell Revelation Exposes UK's Worst-Kept Secret

UMVA Uncovers: 1,000 Victims of Horrific Black Cab Nightmare? Carrie Johnson's Bombshell Revelation Exposes UK's Worst-Kept Secret

UMVA has learned that the wife of a former Prime Minister, Carrie Johnson, has revealed that there could be thousands of victims of the notorious black cab rapist John Worboys.

Mrs. Johnson, one of several women who spoke out to keep Worboys behind bars, has expressed relief that he has been refused parole. She told a popular morning TV show that the news came as a "huge relief" to many survivors, and that more people have come forward saying they believed they had been in his cab after watching a recent dramatization of the case.

The development could potentially keep Worboys behind bars for good, Mrs. Johnson added. She urged women who may have been victims of Worboys to come forward, saying that they might not realize they were drugged and could have been attacked.

File photo dated 01/03/23 of Carrie Johnson who has called for better police treatment of sexual assault victims as she expressed her relief that black cab rapist John Worboys will remain in prison. The Parole Board this week said Worboys "continues to represent a high risk of committing further serious sexual offences against women". Issue date: Saturday May 16, 2026. PA Photo. Writing in the Daily Mail, Mrs Johnson, who helped bring the serial sex attacker to justice, said her decision to become involved in an ITV dramatisation of the case was driven by a desire to give victims a voice. Photo credit should read: Kirsty O'Connor/PA Wire NOTE TO EDITORS: This handout photo may only be used for editorial reporting purposes for the contemporaneous illustration of events, things or the people in the image or facts mentioned in the caption. Reuse of the picture may require further permission from the copyright holder.

John Worboys was first jailed in 2009 for 19 sexual offences linked to attacks on 12 victims between 2006 and 2008 in London. He was given an indefinite sentence for public protection with a minimum term of eight years. Detectives linked him to at least 85 crimes, and following a recent parole board decision, it was revealed that Worboys has admitted attacking 90 women.

Worboys turned to cab-driving in 1999 after a 13-year career as a stripper. He preyed on young women who had been drinking in trendy night spots, offering them Champagne spiked with powerful sedatives to celebrate a fictional lottery win. The drugs left the women insensible and unable to protect themselves as he pounced on them in the back of the vehicle.

Mrs. Johnson recounted her own experience with Worboys, saying that he spiked her drink after claiming he had won big at a casino. She managed to pour one glass of champagne onto the floor, but later discovered that he had returned with a bottle of vodka that had been spiked. She passed out in the bathroom and woke up the next morning.

John Worboys

The case against Worboys led to further victims coming forward, and he was charged with more crimes dating between 2000 and 2008, which he admitted. In 2019, he was handed two life sentences with a minimum term of six years. Worboys will be considered for parole again in around two years' time.

Undated Metropolitan Police handout photo of property seized from John Worboys, who was found guilty today of drugging a woman passenger and sexually assaulting her by a jury at Croydon Crown Court.